14 marzo 2012

Fludd Interviews / 23. Katie Harnett


A) nome / name: Katie Harnett
B) nazionalità / where are you from?: England.
C) età / how old are you?: 23.
D) area d'azione (disegno, pittura, fotografia, animazione, ...) / your sphere of interests: Usually my illustration works are based in drawing and painting, but I’ve been recently trying out animation, so I’m still experimenting.
E) studi / studies: I studied illustration at the University of the West of England in Bristol.
F) qualcos'altro dal tuo curriculum / could you please tell us a little bit about what do you do/have you done?: I’m currently working as a freelance illustrator, and have some work in the Illustrators Exhibition in the upcoming Bologna Children’s Book Fair. 
G) 3 maestri / 3 masters: Lucien Freud, Quentin Blake, Gustav Klimt.
H) 1 città d'ispirazione / 1 inspiring city: Every new city I go to I think is my favourite, but I recently visited London and rediscovered how visually interesting it is.
I) dove il prossimo viaggio? / a place you'd love to visit soon:  I would love to visit more Nordic countries soon, as a few years ago I had a short holiday in Sweden, which was probably the nicest place I’ve ever been.
J) 1 museo speciale / 1 special museum: The Victoria & Albert Museum.
K) 1 link da consigliare / 1 recommended web-site: www.brwnpaperbag.com.
L) gusto di gelato favorito / favorite ice cream flavour: Coconut, hands down. Or yoghurt, but probably coconut. 
M) un negozio che approvi / a shop you love:  I could happily live in Mr Bs Emporium of Reading Delights in Bath.
N) 2 oggetti che ti piacciono / 2 objects you like: My pillow and my new teapot.
O) la tua colazione ideale / your ideal breakfast: A very large pot of tea and a bowl of Muesli, I’m a big cereal fan.
P) un bel posto nelle tue vicinanze / somewhere nice to go in your neighbourhood: There are some woods near my house which are nice.
Q) cosa stai leggendo ultimamente? / last books you have read:The Tortilla Curtain’ by T.C. Boyle.
R) cosa ti ispira attualmente? / what are a few things inspiring you at the moment?: Busy cities and other people, looking at other people’s work is always inspiring.
S) qual'è la principale difficoltà per un 'giovane creativo' oggi? / which is the main difficulty for a young creative today?:  I think the difficulty is just keeping going, especially with limited funds. Being asked to work for free is also a big problem, because although it’s sometimes worthwhile, it can also be demoralising that a client doesn’t value art work enough to pay for it.
T) dimensione collettiva nell'arte e nella creatività: si, no, come? / what do you think about the collective dimension of art and creativity?:  I think it’s important to share ideas and get critiques, because it’s easy to lose track of what’s valuable in your work if you’re alone.
U) cosa stai cercando? / what are you looking for?: Inspiration, usually.
V) di che cosa non vedi l'ora? / what are you looking forward?: Going to Bologna in March.
W) progetti per il futuro (esagera!) / projects for the future (exaggerate!): Move house, make some more books, maybe start a business with my friends.
X) cosa ti piacerebbe studiare da vecchio? / what do you like to study when you'll be old?: Hopefully lots of different things, I think it would be sad to reach an age and stop learning.
Y) un buon proposito per la stagione 2012 / a good purpose for the 2012 season: Work more!
Z) la parola "fludd" cosa ti fa venire in mente? / what the word "fludd" suggests you?: A flood of ideas.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LINKS: Web-site; Blog.
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


5 commenti:

  1. That Peter Pan cover is so very pretty. Glad to have found here to see more stories.

    Happy Thursday evening from Finland.

    RispondiElimina
  2. I'm in love with the Peter Pan cover as well !!
    Beautiful work.

    Oh, and a little bit of Studio Fludd featured in my home yesterday...

    RispondiElimina