22 gennaio 2015

Fludd Interviews / 53. Hélène Georget



A) NAME : Hélène Georget

B) WHERE ARE YOU FROM? Annecy, a small town closed to a wonderful lake in the Alps. It’s nicknamed «La Petite Venise»

C) HOW OLD ARE YOU? 31

D) YOUR SPHERE OF INTERESTS : Drawing, painting, collecting, collage, print design for
fashion industry.

E) STUDIES : A MA in illustration in Lyon (France), then a degree in textile and fashion design in Paris.

F) COULD YOU PLEASE TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHAT DO YOU DO/HAVE YOU DONE? : I've been working as a freelancer since 6 years. I create some patterns and prints for the fashion industry or fashion labels like Carven, Lacoste/ Lacoste Live or Marc-Philippe Coudeyre, a belgian designer. When I have the time I work on my own drawings and graphic researches.

G) 3 MASTERS : David Hockney, Valdimir Nabokov and Dries Van Noten.

H) 1 INSPIRING CITY :  Brussel where I live. And Paris where I lived before.

I) A PLACE YOU'D LOVE TO VISIT SOON : Ireland! Next summer I hope.

J) 1 SPECIAL MUSEUM : I’m crazy about the MOMCA in Geneva... It’s a great contemporary art museum with a gorgeous programme. I always visit it with my dad and we always have an amazing time there.

K) 1 RECOMMENDED WEB-SITE : http://www.clikclk.fr

L) FAVOURITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR : Frozen yogurt

M) A SHOP YOU LOVE : Isabelle Bajart in Brussel. It’s a second hand shop with a wonderful selection of clothes presented by colours.

N) 2 OBJECTS YOU LIKE : My old coffee pot and my books.

O) YOUR IDEAL BREAKFAST : Belgian’s waffles made by my boyfriend with a strong coffee.

P) SOMEWHERE NICE TO GO IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD : Le Café des Spores. It’s a nice restaurant with only mushrooms recipes.

Q) LAST BOOKS YOU HAVE READ : Blonde from Joyce Carrol Oates

R) WHAT ARE A FEW THINGS INSPIRING YOU AT THE MOMENT? : At the moment, I’m crazy about the early 70’s design in California: The Party by Blake Edwards is a good example of that style.

S) WHICH IS THE MAIN DIFFICULTY FOR A YOUNG CREATIVE TODAY? : Time! We never have enough....

T) WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE COLLECTIVE DIMENSION OF ART AND CREATIVITY? : As a designer, it’s really important to have strong connections with other designers to share ideas and to compare various views on an issue.

U) WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR? : A new place to work with my friend Cécile Barraud de Lagerie.

V) WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD : Having a great workshop with creative people.

X) PROJECTS FOR THE FUTURE (EXAGGERATE!) : Being a good petanque player and a great cook.

W) WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO STUDY WHEN YOU'LL BE OLD? : Cook and petanque

Y) A GOOD PURPOSE FOR THE 2015 SEASON : To take my time ...

Z) WHAT DOES THE WORD "FLUDD" SUGGEST YOU? : A fluffy texture.

___

Links:
site
tumblr

-----



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento