02 febbraio 2015

Fludd interviews / 54. Ada Hamza



A) NAME : Ada Hamza

B) WHERE ARE YOU FROM? From Ljubljana, Slovenia

C) HOW OLD ARE YOU? 30

D) YOUR SPHERE OF INTERESTS : Photography

E) STUDIES : Law in Ljubljana and Milano

F) COULD YOU PLEASE TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHAT DO YOU DO/HAVE YOU DONE? : I studied law but I never felt like I wanted to be a classic lawyer working in a big firm and after my brother got very sick I kind of lost interest in law and started taking more more photos. I slowly began to learn about photography and art in general and now I am where I am. I help my boyfriend in his company called Musguard, I design leather drawstring backpacks and take lots of photos for other people and not so much for myself anymore. Things changed in couple of last years and right now I feel like I want to do something with law again.

G) 3 MASTERS : My dad because he’s super intelligent and wise. Srećko Horvat, young Croatian philosopher with brilliant mind. Erik Satie because he’s just genius.

H) 1 INSPIRING CITY :  NYC, I know, it’s a cliche

I) A PLACE YOU'D LOVE TO VISIT SOON : Portland, Lima, Hong Kong, Copenhagen…

J) 1 SPECIAL MUSEUM : Contemporary art museum by Tadao Ando at Naoshima.

K) 1 RECOMMENDED WEB-SITE : http://www.andersedstrom.com/
It’s a website of a photographer whose work I truly adore.

L) FAVOURITE ICE CREAM FLAVOUR : Pistachio

M) A SHOP YOU LOVE : Warehouse where I buy leather. I literally go crazy there.

N) 2 OBJECTS YOU LIKE : Books and anything made of wool.

O) YOUR IDEAL BREAKFAST : Coffee and cake.

P) SOMEWHERE NICE TO GO IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD : Rožnik, it’s a hill very close to the city centre, where they offer freshly baked sweets similar to doughnut but much better, called “flancat”.

Q) LAST BOOKS YOU HAVE READ : A tomb for Boris Davidovich by Danilo Kiš

R) WHAT ARE A FEW THINGS INSPIRING YOU AT THE MOMENT? : Good humour, persistency and Nike Air Rift.

S) WHICH IS THE MAIN DIFFICULTY FOR A YOUNG CREATIVE TODAY? : To focus on your own ideas and stay consistent.

T) WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE COLLECTIVE DIMENSION OF ART AND CREATIVITY? : You always learn most about yourself when working in groups. That can be positive or negative.

U) WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR? : Focus and discipline.

V) PROJECTS FOR THE FUTURE (EXAGGERATE!) : Spring and getting a driving licence!

W) WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO STUDY WHEN YOU'LL BE OLD? : To play a piano.

X) PROJECTS FOR THE FUTURE (EXAGGERATE!) : Hopefully to go and live in New York for some time. I am also working on my new website and web shop for the backpacks.

Y) A GOOD PURPOSE FOR THE 2015 SEASON : Every year it’s the same - more seaside and more swimming!

Z) WHAT DOES THE WORD "FLUDD" SUGGEST YOU? : Creamy vanilla.

___

Links:
site
blog

-----


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento